Thursday, June 25, 2009

One of my icons left us all today...

I am writing a blog after a few days interval and it is a very sad thing that i write about...
While driving down to work today i heard on the radio, that one of my icons and so to million others has passed away.
Micheal Jackson - Music for the kids of my generation was defined by this one man, every school dance, every party song was an MJ number. Everyone wanted to moonwalk and everyone wanted to squeal in high pitch every now and then while singing. His power was such that even when you talk to a village urchin if he knows english music, the first thing that came to his mind was Micheal Jackson. Today he leaves behind all his fans with memories of his famous rise and fall... A rise so spectacular that gives hope to even the most down-trodden, and a fall to mighty that leaves the most ardent critic in a sombre mood.
Reading through the headlines and eulogies pouring throughout the world, I am compiling some and posting it below. I am left sad by both his demise and the way he left. I only wished he could have sang to some packed houses in London before he bid his final farewell.
Micheal Jackson - We love you ... Owww

Pop icon Quincy Jones, the producer of Jackson record-breaking album ‘Thriller’, said. "For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don`t have the words. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I`ve lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."

Neil Portnow, president and CEO of The Recording Academy said, "true musical icon whose identifiable voice, innovative dance moves, stunning musical versatility, and sheer star power carried him from childhood to worldwide acclaim".

Michael Jackson made culture accept a person of colour - way before Tiger Woods, way before Oprah Winfrey, way before Barack Obama," said black leader Al Sharpton. "Michael did with music what they did in sport politics and music. No controversy will erase his impact."

No comments:

Post a Comment